A Filipino Stew similar to that of “Beef Nilaga“. This dish is complimented by the sweetness of the Saba Banana, and a unique sour blend is brought-in by the tomato sauce. A very enticing dish that is worth craving for
- 1 kilo Beef slice into bite size pieces
- 1 small pack tomato sauce about 1/2 cup
- 1/2 small cabbage quartered
- 1 bunch pechay
- 100 grams baguio beans
- 5 pcs bananas saba variety, sliced into 2 pcs each
- 2 pcs medium size potatoes, quartered
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1/2 head garlic crushed
- salt and pepper to taste
- sugar to taste
- Boil the beef in a pot with water, salt and pepper until tender.
- You can use a pressure cooker to speed up the cooking time.
- In a deep pan, heat oil and saute garlic and onion.
- Put the boiled beef and include about 1 to 1 & 1/2 cups of the broth.
- Then add the bananas and potatoes, cover and simmer at least 5 minutes.
- Then add the tomato sauce and cover again an simmer or a few minutes.
- Add the baguio beans and let it cook for a while then follow the cabbage and pechay.
- Season with salt, pepper and sugar according to your preferred taste.
- Serve hot.